About the Competition
The Legacy Marketing Campaign Competition, sponsored by State Farm and Emerson, is an ideal opportunity to showcase your ability to develop a multifaceted digital marketing communication campaign and win a cash prize!
First Place $500
Second Place $300
Third Place $200
In an effort to support the on-going educational and outreach efforts of the Center for Hispanic Marketing Communication at Florida State University, the Legacy campaign aims to develop tools and strategy for fundraising from Center supporters such as individuals and corporations and previous and current students for the establishment of an endowment.
The Korzenny Endowment for the study of Hispanic/Multicultural Marketing Communication will serve not only to ensure the Center’s existence, but also honor the work of Dr. Felipe Korzenny, founder and Director Emeritus.
The competition is open to all FSU undergraduate and graduate students. Participants are required to partner with one or two students. Individual participation is not allowed.
The deadline for submission is March 23rd
Finalists will be announced on March 28th
Final presentations/pitch will take place on March 30th at 11:00 AM at the School of Communication.
- A plan for a 6-month digital marketing campaign.
During the first-round, marketing plan submissions will be reviewed on the basis of the following requirements/criteria:
- Situational /SWOT Analysis
- Target Market Analysis
- Digital Integrated Marketing Communication (IMC) Objectives
- Positioning strategy (rationale must be included)
- Digital Marketing Communication Strategy & Tactics (g., advertising, direct response marketing, social media event)
- Creative Idea (g. brand image) and marketing materials* (explained below)
- Media Plan (e.g., Facebook, Website, Linkedin)
- Detailed Budget
- Media Flow Chart
* Marketing materials must include, but should not be limited to, the following:
- Pamphlet or fact sheet describing The Center’s programs and purpose of the endowment (WHO, WHAT, WHY /benefits, HOW)
- Letter (script) for direct marketing.
- LinkedIn advertising sponsored message– “InMail” click here for breakdown of requirements
- Banner ad for facebook (jpg or gif)
- LinkedIN ad ((jpg or gif – no animated, max 40kb)
- Pledge/Gift card
- Thank you letter for donation (incentive)
After reviewing all submissions, finalists will be asked to present. Presenters will have a maximum of 10 minutes to showcase their ideas. During this presentation, a full marketing plan should be delivered and the use of visual aids is strongly encouraged. At the end of the presentation judges will have the opportunity to ask follow-up questions based on your recommendations.
For research purposes (planning), the following members of the committee can be contacted:
Dr. Sindy Chapa, Director
Dr. Jessica Wendorf, Associate Director
Mafe Brooks, College Development, Director
Juan Jose Nunez, Board of Advisors
Jorge Ortega, Board of Advisors
To sign up your group for the competition, please fill out the following form. You must however submit your final campaign project to firstname.lastname@example.org by the March 23rd, 2018 deadline.